Chingay Parade Singapore 2010 will take place at the F1 Pit Building at Marina Bay. Visitors can purchase tickets for seats at the 36,000-strong grandstand or simply stand along the parade route.
Chingay has enjoyed a long tradition, with its first parade dating back to 1973. Its name, 'Chingay', was coined from its phonetic Hokkien equivalent, which means 'the art of costume and masquerade'.
AF1 Pit Building at Marina Bay
• Be dazzled by Chingay 2010, showcasing Asia in wondrous ways beyond your wildest imagination.
• Majestic flying horses promise to make an impression with unusual fantasy characters in Chingay 2010’s opening!
• Traditional dragon and lion dancers seize the parade grounds by storm! Cover your ears as you marvel at Guang Xi’s ‘firecracker dragon’!
• Legendary well-loved tales (Butterfly Lover, Puteri Gunung Ledang and Indralogam) weaved into rich multi-ethnic performances will spin you into a spell of intrigue
• Samba Singapore! Rock to the Samba Parade in Asian style! Be thrilled by the exotic costumes and waves of colours along a continuous parade route lining the waterfront
• The Grandest Finale in Chingay History will debut in Chingay 2010, featuring performers and float from the new Resorts World at Sentosa!
• For the first time, Chingay Parade offers a dazzling array of events and activities to entertain audiences beyond the parade duration